Wednesday, November 20, 2019

My piano teacher was a little person....

her name was Patty Boyd.. i took lessons from her starting when i was 6. my fairy godfather, Jim paid for the lessons and a brand new piano from Owen's Music on Main St. in Santa Maria, California. i've honed lil stories about Patty... she gave me hand me down tiny lady's pumps...quality leather navy/black and light tan classic low heeled pumps that fit my 6 year old feet to perfection! my mom taught me to walk heel toe heel toe up & down the hallway. I loved Patty. She was stern and scary and tapped the tops of my hands with her pointer stick/scared the shit out of me when i wasn't counting out loud. I was a terrible student. Never practicing enuf but i Loved the piano and the lesson in her studio where i learned...i learned that i was loved & in return i love music & little people and my fairy godfather & a nice classic pump.

No comments: