Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Red Red Wine Goes To My Head



A bottle of vino. All of it. In my art studio. I got to feelin' sooo good, I made out with Myself! Usually people apologize for the glare but I left in to give ya'll a flashy feeling.




My baby girl turns 15 only once. After the parade and Happy was on her way to Disneyland (!) w/the little boyfriend & family(his b-day is soon), Pop-pops was konked and G. was at rehearsal...I commenced to celebrating good times. Happy! We started off her day @ 6:30am w/Mananitas sung in her room by Nana, G. & me....Estas son las Mananitas....muchachas bonitas, the whole enchilada. She shot outta bed to open presents which included new pj's, gold jewelery, make-up brushes and greeeeen eyes shadow, Tinkerbell diary & pen set action...a teeny tiny purse for her cellie. My mom made her some very bitchen pin-up girl curtains...then during the course of the day: 2 birthday cakes...Splash Cafe in Pismo Beach, a walk on the pier, a parade, then her dad picked her up to shower her with his side of the family's gift cards, cash and a video Ipod. So I'd say the trip to Disneyland was in excess of being Happy. But, that's just how we roll.

11 comments:

Mathew Parkin said...

aww i love those photos, i love your pout, its hardcore hehe

aww, i'm glad she had a lovely day, all her presents sound lovely! also pin up girl curtins, wonderful! sounds like she had lots of fun! tell her happy birthday :]

xx xx xx

Kirsten said...

Big party day! Happy Birthday to Happy. It sounds like she had a good one. And yes, G is a very cool geek. I wonder how far his hair piles up into his hat.

BlueSunshine said...

Happy Birthday! I am reading this a little late but it sounds like she had a great day! Cool pictures, glare and all.

Beta Fishy said...

Brilliant! Love the drunken photos, the flash really projects that feeling of lightheadedness.

Happy Birthday to your Happy. Sounds like a wonderful first day for her 15th year.

changapeluda said...

Thanx, i let Happy know about all the birthday wishes.
:0)

sometimes when there's a little tipsy involved i have wonder about my open-heartedness if ya know what i mean. i was going to delete this post but then ya'll left the nicest comments so...i'm leavin' it!

changapeluda said...

oh and Knitsteel, there is some serious Dr. Seuss action goin' on under that hat.

imagine that.
the size of a cat.

Girl of Approval said...

Wow!!! That's a lot of stuff for a birthday. Sounds like Christmas to me! :)

Great photos. You are a creative inspiration. I see your artsy photos and when you speak of your artist's studio and it makes me want to create. Thanks!

pinda said...

i thank god (dionysus) for red whine

Unknown said...

dionysus?! i KNOW him! woah. excuse the Elf moment. love the pics. and the art studio. my room became mine haha, the walls are thoroughly covered.

Anonymous said...

Haha, making out with yourself sounds like good times to me! HAHA Oh, and presents are always fun!!! YAY!

Kirsten said...

Where are you? What are you doing?