Monday, January 23, 2017

And to the young at heart, i dedicate this blog post




For as long as i can remember i have been in love with The Wizard of Oz. Being the baby of 5 and spoiled as fuck..every birthday/christmas/easter giftgiving involved emerald citied swag...i had the WHOLE set...the dolls, Emerald city including the foldable yellow brick road, paper dolls, pajamas, cups, plates, purses, too many stills of the movie itself/books/shirts ta count. I know that script like the back of my hand....early on beginning of my love affair w/Miss Judy Garland herself/Frances Ethel Gumm
ANYWhoo bigtime die-hard fine, right?
well you can imagine my almost Out of Body Joyful experience i just had when i saw
 Glinda the good witch werkin' the fucken farmers market right here in my home town!!! i about shitted in my pants i was so excited!! Her pink fooofy dress was floaty - right there on Higuera St. ..she was gently corraling peeps towards a lovely ole Emerald City Background where Dorothy & Toto were waitin'. My good friend w/her iphone was there to snap one of the best pix i've ever taken in my life !! ..The most fabulous thing about it: I look like one of the wicked witch's castleguards & a flying monkey had a baby!!! And that happy baby is me.












i was so happy i cried.

No comments: