Tuesday, July 01, 2008

LICKETY SPLIT Dating Service

post-up art by babydaddy


It's all because of the writing that i have become Hooked/ADDICTED to OKCupid.com....plus there's the collective human condition of loneliness. But mostly it has to do with the writingz. Brilliant, beautiful men writing their own sexy profiles. Men who aren't afraid to sound like geeeks/overly sensitive...like chicks, really. I can't get enuf. And their favourite books! Oh they make my heart sing. Movies I have never even heard of that sound incredibly intelligent. I gotta major yen to watch more obscure movies....Which is always a good thing. Inclinations towards the obscure, that is....Talk about my aspirations of being easily inspired. PLUS this all coincided with my new penchant for taking extra slutty self portraits. What Liberating fun i'm having doing That. It goes hand in hand with online dating....Have i ever told you i Really like to read "OverHeard in New York"? Well I do. This is Just like that with a slim to none chance that I might get to actually cyberly interact with these people. It's tantalising. Only I made sure to share with G. that this is Not for him. I warned him not to get involved in something so stupidly highly addictive and fun even pointing out that there are probably No brilliant ultra young gay men from San Francisco on OKCupid....nope not at all....I made sure to highlight the Dangers of this. One Crazy Creeepy looking military guy who looks like he wants to hunt me down and kill me then stuff me in a suitcase and throw me in the ocean - he Thinks we make a LoveMatch! I winced when i clicked on his picture. Ew. He makes Robert DeNiro in Taxi Driver look like Mr. Rogers.... And still, I can't stop browsing. If their pictures are too icky i sometimes don't bother to read their profiles. If their pictures are too icky i sometimes MUST read their profiles. And there are some greatly shameless Perverts out there! It's deliciously scandalous but I prefer lasciviousness with the option to delete and at a big long distance. Yesterday, I made myself a lovely salad with all kinds of fresh vegetables and put a healthy helping in a great big bowl, Plopped myself in front of the computer and clicked thru OKCupid for HOURS....it was soo much fun. Then this morning Reality kicked in. I got a message from some very nice young man asking me why i was viewing his profile NUMEROUS times.....only I didn't! I never intentionally clicked on his profile even once. Oh shit. I wonder how many other people i clicked on Numerous times??? how embarrassing! Now i don't even want to go back because what if Mr. Creeepy face actually finds me??? I fucked up on OKCupid. Sad. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

5 comments:

Allyson Carroll said...

Overheard in NY is brilliant. Also, I took a quiz on ok cupid once that says when it comes to love Im only a window shopper. ;)

Nigel St.John Regina Smegmatica Howle-Raines said...

Yeah, that's the thing with OK Cupid--they track who you click on and then let that person KNOW. I bet half of the people who visit MySpace would stop doing that if MySpace ever started sharing that info with users!

Girl of Approval said...

I met my first boyfriend through OK Cupid in 2004. It was a fledgling social kind of site at the time. It was brand new.

But I soon grew tired of it and haven't been on the site in years.

Dwyn said...

This is very funny to read! I am prone to doing that type of thing, haunting sites for hours on end until I either get bored or another new site catches my interest. You find some of the most interesting people, even if you never talk to them...

Also, Overheard in NY is something I have just been introduced to. I'm really enjoying it. People say the oddest things sometimes

Beta Fishy said...

Changa,

I just love new addictions. So fun, so mysterious, filling a boring day with excitement. The internet can be so thrilling, you get to be a voyeur without the risk, but I guess also without a little bit of the extra fun...