Friday, September 28, 2007

Post #9




DewBug Daycare has a Grand Opening! It started out as a little remodeling side job, fixing an accordion door, painting the kitchen, installing shelves - all with the aim of passing the license board inspections. My friend Danielle (the one w/That Grandpa) had a dream of opening a licensed daycare in her home. I was (and am) willing and able to help. I sure wasn't kidding when I told you A lot has happened. We've been steadily getting ready for this. TB testing, fingerprinting, One 7 hour (that got done in 4) early childhood development equal opportunity commisioned workshop, CPR certification and an FBI background check - Pop-pops and I are now specializing in Daycare. We have become seasoned pros at publicly transporting ourselves to Groovy Grover City which is 15 minutes away from Nipomo by car/one hour by bus. Excepting that one time we caught the wrong transfer and accidently ended up in Pismo Beach [to frolic in the sun]. I thank Tortilla Mary daily that my tiny expert traveler Loves the Bus! the busss the bus the bus.
Danielle and I are kindred spirits in the doting Motherhood of it all. Right now I'm concentrating on russling up some school aged kids so I can lead workshops in the artsy fartsy. I daydream about daycare field trips and tie dye sessions and ghetto scrapbooking....So far though, we seem to be catering to the diaper aged kiddies. I have yet to advertise. This is all so new and exciting and Good for Pop-pops. And me. And Danielle (& her kids, she's got 4). So that's goodness all
around.
Dewbug Daycare is open for business. And I know my kid is getting some quality care.

4 comments:

Nigel St.John Regina Smegmatica Howle-Raines said...

That's great! And, glad to see you're back from motherboard hell...

phryGIAN said...

I'm so proud of you
for doing this
Hopefully, It will work out
you seem to be
doing just fine

Love,
your son

Kirsten said...

Oh it looks fantastic, such a glorious place for kids to play and learn through play.

Heartful said...

Bloody hell girl, you are one multi-talented energetic unstoppable woman!!