Monday, February 23, 2009

The Bank Knockers Return


I answered the door to some dude named James OUTland! hah! I wonder how much he knew just how Badly i wanted to kick his ass/eradicate him/say
"be off! before another house falls on you, too!"



he said he had come around earlier but that Zoe had scared him off. i didn't think it was possible to love that ole dog anymore than i already do....so apparently there is some kinda weird ass dangling carrot program called "cash for keys" in which CountryWide Bank gets realtors (ew) to do their dirty-ass work (fitting). They want us Out by March 20...that would be Less than 30 days. And if we did get Completely Out, all personal effects Off the property, we get $3500! Wow, it never occured to me that being an Evictress could be profitable.

I politely declined and told them i have spoken with a lawyer who informed me that we are entitled to 120 days(minor children, disabled mother). Also, that their offer of money was a total surprise and something i don't really consider important. i got the idea he was hoping to play on my greed. Fuck that noise, Greed is what got us in this damn predicament in the first place. What i DO consider important is that we extend our time here so that my daughter who is a diligent senior (even threw in her 4.25gpa for good measure and as if he cared)@ Nipomo High School- that she be allowed to graduate without the turmoil of being fucking homeless.

They said they'd get back to me Wednesday.

4 comments:

La Sirena said...

Hold your ground. The president said part of that new stimulus package that just passed is supposed to help families stay in their houses. The $3500 is from the stimulus plan approved last fall. Myabe your congressperson could explain it????

Heartful said...

You go girl!

Girl of Approval said...

I hope it works out for you!

If you do take the money, can you send some my way?

Girl of Approval said...

You're disabled? I just caught that.