Sunday, November 18, 2007

That's Why I'm Easy

I'm easy like a Sunday Morning .... went around opening all the curtains in the house. Felt kinda like Miss Judy Garland in the movie Meet Me in St. Louis (directed by Vincent Minelli whom she later married)...when she flits daintily around the house, singing a lovely song, only she's turning out the lights. But you get the picture...as a matter of fact, i started taking pictures as i always have my favourite camera ever(better than polaroid?yep) at the ready. Digital affords me such immediacy, and choice and clickety options.... Ahhhhh technology. Now i can invite you in the house for a little visit and a peek at the curtains. Wooo hooo.
so here's the curtains in the living room


The dining room.

i left Happy's curtains alone cuz she's still sleeping.

I left G.'s curtains alone as it has craftily turned into the explosive
artsie fartsies in there. I opened my curtains and please don't be afraid in my room, the snakes aren't real but just driftwood and manzanita roots i've dyed green or painted to look poisonous. Oh & check it out: i got windows outside my windows. i took the picture from a funky vantage point....
Which brings me to: the inside of the Very First Arched Bookshelf I ever built so that it sits In the wall. Oh how i cried that night, like a big baby because my dad stood me up, my brothers wouldn't help me and i thought i didn't know how. Waaa waaa...I Wanted an arched bookshelf before i could finish this wall. So i made myself do it all by myself. It was the coolest experience. Very gratifying. This is the veiw from inside that shelf:



And here's who hangs out in there.



Hope your Sunday is wholly gratifying and that you find it easy!


this is changa/construction monkey(when the peluda/hair part was blonde) in the arched frame jobbbie - pre-pop-pops when her bigger kids were small-ish and she was pretty pleased.


12 comments:

phryGIAN said...

Hee hee!
I see the house
pretty soon I'll
see it in person.
I'm quite excited.
That last pic
was something else
Ah, back in the day
good times, good times

love,
your soon to be
homebound son

Patriot said...

Hi! Just came across your blog and wanted to let you know about a giveaway I'm hosting - just in time for Thanksgiving! Thanks!

Nigel St.John Regina Smegmatica Howle-Raines said...

You may be "Easy like Sunday morning". But are you a "Brick...house!" Another Commodores song!

changapeluda said...

oh yessss.
i'm mighty mighty
just lettin it
All hang out!


(at football games,
this is a pep band favourite.)

Beta Fishy said...

Happy thanksgiving! Sorry to be behind in the commenting world.

Thanks for the comment regarding my so called life. I guess now I can add - I wanna be free, so free.

La Sirena said...

Today is Sunday again and I'm feeling easy. I love your house, Changa! If I'm ever in Cali, I'll stop by with wine.

changapeluda said...

Yes please, do.
T'would be lovely.

word verication=lukytqs

also it doesn't keep the
Spamola Out....

Heartful said...

Where are you???? I miss you and I am getting withdrawal symptoms.

kizam said...

Hi....echo...where r u? busy mama....
what fun this is meeting new people...i agree that we are sisters finding each other on this incredible energy running in space. thanks for your comments. i finally was able to upload a video!!! my first and 2nd are now on my blog. i still have alot to learn, like why one of my videos doesn't have a front page but anyway i am having way too much fun. yesterday was the first time in so long i actually lost track of time editing pic....so cool....i'm going to post some pics of my windows soon and maybe you can give me some pointers on how to cover them....have a great week....love to you

kizam said...

i'm so happy to hear you are feeling better...now i'm putting out healing waves to your sick computer...zap!!! heheheheee

phryGIAN said...

Okay,okay
i get it
you're sunday morning
blogblogblog
already!!

gah. 7 seconds...

changapeluda said...

i'm just using myself to maybe log onto blogger.
this is a test.
hope it works.
if it does.
i'm probably comin over to your blog.
be warned.
heh.